Are you tired of ???
Not being satisfied, Bad attitudes, long waits, lack of expertise, not getting
what you paid for and more.....
We will take care of you. We listen and give you what you need. We communicate with you.
The health of your hair / scalp are our #1 concern. We specialize in
weaving/ hair replacement as well as Basic hairstyling but we will only
suggest the techniques that work best for YOU !!!
Call for a Consultation today. (973) 378-8999
Twenty four years of experience working as a licensed stylist with 30 years total experience. Provides educational and professional training to licensed cosmetologists and salon owners in topics including but not limited to building business etiquette, marketing, and hands on styling techniques. Has expansion in the areas of make up artistry, distribution of products as well as participation in tradeshow events, and motivational speaking.
Selected skills and achievements (Press Release)
• Salon Owner of Tomeka's Beauty Salon -Clark, NJ (973) 378-8999
Selected skills and achievements (Press Release)
• Salon Owner of Tomeka's Beauty Salon - Maplewood, NJ (973) 378-8999
Author of "Braiding Patterns for Weaves" book, "Secrets of a Successful Beauty Educator", and "You Got Way More in You ...Where is it?" book.
Advanced Training Instructor in Hair Weaving Techniques including but not limited to Micro Linking, Net Weaving, Fusion Weave, Malaysian Weave, MEKANI Weave, Detachable Sewn Weave, Undetectable Strands, Custom Wig Making, Hair Replacement -Lace Wig Applications, and more.
• Established a series of Instructional Courses in Advanced Training based out of New Jersey for students, practicing cosmetologists, and peer Instructors to enhance business opportunities and mentor fellow colleagues.
• Developed a series of Instructional DVDs / CDs in the areas of Weaving techniques, Wig Making, Make-Up Artistry, Building Your Business Techniques, and Entrepreneurship
• Founder and President of the Stylists & Salon Owners Network (SSON), provided consistent support to current and upcoming entrepreneurs.
• Creator of the Detachable Sewn Weave Technique- (Patent pending)
• Public Speaker and Motivator
Platform Artist and Consultant
• Coached and trained entire staff of Azsiana's Beauty Salon (NJ) as Owner and Lead Stylist.
• Participant in a series of Community Service projects including free wig making for surviving cancer patients, feed the homeless events, donations of services for church functions, and free hair weaving training to students pursuing cosmetology licensure
• Provides mentorship and image management to clients and peers on a continuous basis.
• Certified in Business Management, Marketing, Facials and Skin Care, People Skills, Hair Coloring, Make up Artistry, and Advanced Hair Cutting techniques.
Many are not listed from 2011 to Present 2020
September 2011 New Expressions Training in Ft. Lauderdale
December 2010- Paris KARL Hair and Make up Symposium
Oct 2010- Bahamas Training -Bronner Bros. Seminars By the Sea @ Atlantis
Black Beauty Expo Show
Extensions Expo Show by Tomeka's Beauty
September 2010- Training in Curacao
August 2010 Bronner Bros. Atlanta, GA
July 2010 -Chew's Multicultural Hair Affair
June 2010- Premiere Orlando Show
May 2010- International Hair Show- Secaucus, NJ
April 2010- Proud Lady Beauty Show
March 2010- SIBE Show LA, California
February 2010- Bronner Bros. Show Atlanta, GA
more......must be updated
October 2009 Founded EXTENSIONS EXPO SHOW- NJ to present 2020
April 2008 DCU Weaving Class North Carolina
April 2008 Proud Lady Beauty Show Chicago
March 2008 Vital Pro Training Seminar New Jersey
March 2008 - DCU Weaving Class North Carolina
March 2008 - DCU Full-On Wig Making Class North Carolina
Feburary 2008 Bronner Bros. Show Georgia Training Class
February 2008 Tomekas Beauty Lace Wig Look and Learn Seminar
November 2007 DCU Cruise to Haiti, Puerto Rico, and St. Marteen Lace Wig Seminar Classes
November 2007 DCU Weaving Class North Carolina
November 2007 Tomekas Beauty Lace Wig App., Business Building and Short quick weave Look and Learn Seminars
October 2007 Vital Pro Training Seminar New Jersey
October 2007 Global Beauty Show Detachable Sewn Weave NYC, NY Jacob Javitts Conv. Center)
September 2007 - Bronner Bros. Show Georgia (Detachable Sewn Weave, Instructor)
July 2007 - DCU Full-On Wig Making Class North Carolina
July 2007 La Chews Multi Cultural Hair Affair - DCU Detachable Sewn Weave
June 2007 - Tomekas Beauty Hand on Weaving Seminar New Jersey
June 2007 Premiere Hair Show Platform Work Orlando, Florida
June 2007 Vegas Hair Show Platform Work Las Vegas, NV
May 2007 IHSShow Detachable Sewn Weave Class Secacus, New Jersey
May 2007 - Bronner Bros. Show Baltimore, MD (Detachable Sewn Weave, Instructor)
April 2007 - Proud Lady Beauty Show Chicago (Instructor)
March 2007 IBS Show New York - Platform Work
March 2007 - DCU Full-On Wig Making Class North Carolina
March 2007 Chicago Mid-West Show - Platform Work
Feburary 2007 - Bronner Bros. Show Atlanta, GA (Detachable Sewn Weave, Instructor)
January 2007 Look and Learn Malaysian Weave Seminar
January 2007 Motivational Speaking to High School Students
December 2006 - DCU Full-On Wig Making Class North Carolina
November 2006 - DCU Full-On Wig Making Class North Carolina
September 2006 I.H.S. Show Memphis, Tennessee
August 2006 - Bronner Brothers Instructor- Weaving Boot Camp- Atlanta, GA (Detachable Sewn Weave, Instructor)
May 2006 - I.H.S Show- Secaucus, NJ
May 2006 - Bronner Brothers- Baltimore, MD (Detachable Sewn Weave, Instructor)
February 2006 - Bronner Brothers International Hair Show- Atlanta, GA
September 2005 - Milky Way Group Competition- Baltimore, Maryland
August 2005 - Bronner Brothers- Atlanta Georgia
August 2005 - Award Recipient of the Bang Out 2 Hair Competition & Fashion Show
March 2005 - present Dudley University- Instructor- (Wig Making) - (Quarterly) Kernersville, NC
January 2005 - present Tomekas Beauty Weaving Seminars (Quarterly) - Elizabeth, NJ
January 2005 - Professional Instructor with Dudleys University since 2005
May 2004 - I.H.S. Hair Show (Co-Instructed Business Class) Secaucus, New Jersey Employment History
Tomekas Beauty, Irvington, New Jersey, Owner and Stylist, 2004 - present
Azsiana's Beauty Extravaganza, Irvington, New Jersey, Owner, Stylist, 2000-2004 Education
Tomeka Training in Paris